Took the day off today incidentally. Stayed inside and ate and read and wrote a pretty wordy paper on how Renaissance Europeans defined the idea of 'civilization'. It's been a good day, hanging out at a huge house where I am dog-sitting. Get to eat their carrots and orange juice, sleep in a nice bed in a cool, dark basement, get to take longer than average showers... it's nice.
It's the Party to End All Parties tonight. Should be decadent and depraved. It's at Thomas and Ali's house and we're ushering in the new Leap Year. 9am yoga tomorrow will be out of the question I think.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Took my brother to the airport today, he's spending 10 days in Amsterdam.
Seeing him leave makes me excited for leaving to Europe. I have 16 days left in the states. Should probably pay off my bike shop before I leave town. I have a substantial tab from phil wood hubs and a new wheelset. And the more i think about it, I've gotten lots of shit through the bike shop. I took advantage of that employee discount.
Monday, February 25, 2008
1. Prep Courses for Europe
2. Getting FM Community Bike Workshop 4 mandatory hours per week.
3. Getting a Students for a Democratic Society Chapter set up around town.
5. Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches.
7. Working at IPC.
9. Riding my bike.
10. Yoga one day a week.
12. Republican National Convention Welcoming Committee for September 1st.
13. Washing my sheets because a spraying male cat keeps marking his territory on my fake-down comforter.
14. KNDS 105.9 Radio Show on Sunday afternoons. (12-2!)
15. Giving affection to my cat.
16. Soothing tension between my housemates.
18. Drinking better wine.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Had a rough day. Worked 8 hectic hours at the bike shop and manchild came in at the end for 2 hours. I think he has asperger's syndrome, or something like that. The one where you don't have many social faculties and heavily right-brained.
Then, as I was riding to the gas station, taking advantage of the warm night, my pants got caught in my chain as I was riding no-handed. Slammed my head pretty hard. Stars were bursting and the hat I was wearing saved some skin from N.P. Avenue. I should've taken a picture of it.
there are 19 days until I leave for Oxford University to study for eight weeks. then i'll just have my backpack and fingernails.